Bibit Paket - Minimal
Task-Section: user Task-Relevance: 9 Task-Description: Minimal base system Task-Extended-Description: This task installs the core of an Ubuntu-based system. Task-Test-new-install: install skip Note that some packages that form the core of an Ubuntu-based system are in the required seed, from which this seed inherits. The minimal seed describes those packages at Priority: important.
Hardware and Architecture Support
- alsa-base # needed for proper hardware detection (hotplug/blacklist.d, modprobe.d)
- alsa-utils # basic audio support and mixer level handling
- pcmciautils # PCMCIA support for >= 2.6.13-rc1 kernels
- libc6-i686 [i386]
Comfortable Unix System
Programs and packages necessary for both the proper functionality of the system and that any user would expect to find on a modern Unix-like system.
- aptitude # better text-mode package manager
- apt-utils # apt-extracttemplates is required for debconf preconfiguration
- console-setup # https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/sane- installer-keyboard
- eject # very popular, useful, small
- gnupg # introduce security from the very base
- initramfs-tools # needed for the Ubuntu kernel
- libfribidi0 # right-to-left text support in newt
- module-init-tools # required for kernel 2.6
- sudo # LaMontJones
- tasksel # used by installer to install desktop etc.
These provide various networking services, all should be configured in a client-only state with the server de-activated unless the user requires it.
- dhcp3-client # LaMontJones
- ntpdate # FabioMassimoDiNitto
- wpasupplicant # ScottJamesRemnant
- netcat # FabioMassimoDiNitto
- ubuntu-minimal # Ubuntu-specific bits we want on every Ubuntu system
- ubuntu-keyring # for authenticated package downloads
- python # upstream doesn't want python-minimal shipped alone
Last modified on 06/16/2008 11:03:41 AM